Students enrolling in Individual Studies courses (MATH 199, 199H, 293, 299, 299H, 392, 393, 399, 399H, 492, 493, 498, 498H, 499, or 499H) must complete and submit a proposal form describing the project they will be earning credit for.  The work must be mathematical in nature to receive MATH credit (for non-mathematical work, credit may be earned through the College of Letters, Arts, and Science).  The form is to be signed by the student, his/her project advisor, and his/her major (faculty) advisor.

Forms are available at the Math Academic Office window, at room 108 of the Math building.