- If you had placed directly into the class on your first attempt, it could be that your placement score has already expired. Placement scores are valid for one year only. If you are GROing the course, we can add you into the course without having you re-test, but realize that you have now been at least a semester without math, and you should take responsibility to review the prerequisite material.
- You are limited by University policy to only three attempts at a math class. This includes failed attempts as well as terms where you received a grade of W. If you wish to attempt it a 4th time, you will need to request an exception to the university repeat policy.
Your first steps:
Complete form at https://www.math.arizona.edu/academics/repeatexception
Check your UA email address for appointment confirmation
Meet with advisor to discuss options.
If it is decided that taking the class for a fourth time is the best option, here’s the process:
- We submit an online form requesting the exception.
- Your graduation services advisor will email you when you are cleared to register for the course.
- You enroll in the course via UAccess.